Friday 10 February 2012 0 comments
Day 162 of 365

Thursday 9/2/12

Hello. 
Bonjour.
How art thou?

Well today has been a pretty good day, a long day may I add.
So today I had uni early, well... 10am. I figure this is actually pretty late but hey, figure of speech.
Then, I attended the first of a new lecture series being shown. InsideOut. 
A guest speaker from an architects firm came to show us some interactive works and cybernetics.
Here's when the geek in me starts to show.
I was fully captivated for the entire thing. I actually loved it.
Geek alert.

It was pretty damn awesome though.
Infact it's bloody brilliant.

http://www.jasonbruges.com/projects/uk-projects/more4-rebrand

Have a look, if you fancy.


Channel 4 in-house creative agency, 4Creative and ManvsMachine commissioned Jason Bruges Studio as Production Designers for the new More 4 live-action idents for the channel. The studio created the production design, build and installation across 4 different locations including 2 outdoor and 2 indoor sites. With just 4 weeks from commissioning to installation the studio drafted in production help from Middlesex University. All of the production was completed in the studio’s workshop in Old Street, London.
The re-brand is centred round a bold, flexible logo that morphs through a series of flips, folds and reveals. The colour palette reflects the vibrant nature of interiors, food culture, fashion and other contemporary lifestyle programming. Live-action idents see the brand break out into the real world in the form of mechanical ‘flippers’. The installations inhabit environments from a domestic staircase to an abandoned fishing boat in Dungeness.




Cool huh?
So how are you lovely lot?
I like calling you that don't I? 
Tomorrow it's Friday, incase any of you happen to have forgotten!
I am pretty looking forward to chilling out. Having said that, I have miraculously avoided work like the plague this past 2 weeks or so, starting to regret it slightly, considering the months seem to be slipping away ever so quickly. I'll be graduating in a few months, scary as hell. 

Anyway, music time.
 I heard an all time favourite of mine on the radio this evening. So, here goes.
American indie/folk band, Bon Iver. As if they need any introduction. They are simply outstanding. If you're not familiar with them, I urge you to check them out. I treasure this vinyl more than many things in my world right now. I wish more than anything I get to see them live in 2012, we can hope!


Take the plunge, if you have yet to do so, I guarantee you won't regret it. 

So, here's my treat for today... enjoy 


Peace and love 
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Daisy Digital | TNB